Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Animation Project #2: Warlord Attack

Following a tutorial from 3D Motive. This was really hard since I'm still new and this had a lot of new things to work with. Played with FK/IK switching, cloth animations (which was a pain...), lots of poses. This took me a lot of time to complete because when I was splining it, I gave up because I ran into some problems. Picked it up this week and finally finished it.  I like the rig, I think I'll be using this one for other clips/practice as well. I want to change the weapon though, that'll be cool. But yeah, I'm really happy that I'm done with this one. I can finally move on to something new.

Now I'll be working on more stuff from Digital Tutors. Body mechanics such as pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, and swinging. Then, I'll go into video game related cycles such as walking, idle, running, then more attacks. I'll be adding my own style and attitudes to those cycles.  After that I'll do some of my own scripted attacks and combos. Going to watch and study the new God of War trailers since I saw really awesome combat animations in that one.  The new Metal Gear Solid had some awesome sword animations too.  I can't wait to take a break from realism animation and go into more fantasy/heroic epic animations.

LOTS OF WORK TO DO, BUT I'M LOVING IT :) FUN FUN FUN


No comments:

Post a Comment