Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Animation Project #11: Redback Idle

I decided to start up my animation projects again over this winter break. Initially I was planning to do 1 animation clip a week like I did over the summer... but I've gotten much faster at this and I have a lot more motivation. So, I think I will be cranking this out left and right and as much as I can. I want to improve my speed but still have an awesome looking animation.  I'll do this by just doing a crap load of work! :)

So here's a Redback idle. Just having the creature breathe and look around. I didn't polish this up at all, its still pretty rough. First time using this rig so I'm just trying to get a feel for it.  Did this in about 2 hours of real working time. I take a lot of breaks inbetween :(

I still have a huge problem of being distracted. Whether it be facebook, tumblr, games, or just surfing random stuff on the internet. I'll do a key pose or something, then do something else... I bet I would get so much done if I just animated nonstop. Something I need to pick up quick before I get into the industry. I can't get distracted.

Anyways, working on a combo move right now. Lisa wielding a giant greatsword :D. Using reference from a God of War: Ascension trailer. Never played the God of War games but I am very excited for Ascension and its multiplayer.... So I did myself a favor and picked up the God of War saga collection. Gonna try to finish all the games by winter break ends!

iAnimate's Games Fall showreel is also out as well! And I got my shots in it! Two to be exact. My death and my run cycle. I'm surprised my run cycle made it on there, I made that after class was over so I didn't get a chance to have any critiques on it. So yay me :)

Everyone did such an amazing job though! I am so glad to be a part of iA. It's seriously the best thing that has happened in my life.  Being able to chase my dreams.. nothing can beat that!


So... goals for winter break (so far)
•Lots and lots and lots of animation, hopefully reach animation project #30 :)
•Make an awesome demo reel and get the Blizzard internship
•Finish God of War
•Reach LVL 90 in WoW:MoP and go through all the raids
•See all the latest movies I wanted to see




iAnimate Games - Fall 2012 Showreel from iAnimate on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment